Recipe of the Month - Green Goddess Dressing
It’s time again for our Recipe of the Month! This month, David is sharing the recipe to his delicious Green Goddess Dressing. Packed with fresh herbs, zesty lime juice, spicy ginger juice and creamy greek yogurt, Green Goddess is the perfect seasonal dressing for your fall salads. It is rumored that the original recipe came from San Francisco’s Palace Hotel in 1923 where chef Philip Roemer named his recipe to honor hotel guest/actor George Arliss for his role in the hit play, The Green Goddess.
So try this recipe at home and be sure to tag us on social @dandrewsbakery and use #dandrews. If you don’t feel like making the dressing yourself, stop by this week for lunch and build your own salad with always fresh ingredients and one of our four homemade dressings.
Green Goddess Dressing:
1 cup (230g) ginger juice
1 cup (249g) lime juice
1 cup (143g) pumpkin seeds (raw)
1 cup (17g) tarragon
1 ½ cups (24g) cilantro
1 ½ cups (22g) parsley
1 roasted poblano pepper
½ smashed garlic clove
2 TBSP (40g) honey
2 TBSP (40g) salt
2 cups (512 g) Greek yogurt
Yield is 6 cups.
1) For the ginger juice, peel and slice raw ginger. Put in blender and barely cover with water.
2) Blend on high and then strain in cheesecloth.
3) Then, put all ingredients except greek yogurt in blender. Blend on high speed for 45 seconds.
4) Place greek yogurt in a bowl. Strain the mixture in cheesecloth.
5) Whisk together and enjoy!